From the IMIA newsletter:
The IMIA Mentorship Program Seeks Mentors!
How can I become a mentor?
Mentors usually learn a lot from each experience and most volunteer and do not charge for their services. If you are interested in being a mentor please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon acceptance, your name and email would be posted on our Mentorship Program page for future mentees to join.
Required qualifications include:
1) Being a practicing professional medical interpreter
2) Successfully completed a medical interpreter training program of at least 40 hours
3) Successfully passed a medical interpreter performance test
4) Over 5 years of experience as a medical interpreter in several settings\\ IMPORTANT – Signed Mentorship Agreement http://www.imiaweb.org/uploads/pages/140..pdf and emailed to Mentorships@imiaweb.org or faxed to 866-406-IMIA (4642)
Preferred qualifications include:
5) Educational background in Translation and/or Interpreting of more than 40 hours, such as a College Certificate or Degree
6) Experience as a preceptor or mentor
7) Experience as an interpreter manager or educator
8) Experience and training in Mental Health
If you have any questions, please email Anarella Celitti, Supervisor of the IMIA Mentorship Program, at Mentorships@imiaweb.org