March 21-22, 2014 at the Holiday Inn (Capitol Plaza-Sacramento: 300 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814)
The deadline is fast approaching to submit proposals for presentations for the CHIA 2014 Annual Education Conference, The Changing Landscape of Healthcare Interpreting. The two-day event is set for March 21-22 at the Holiday Inn – Capitol Plaza in Sacramento.
Here’s a link to the Call for Presentations, which is also attached and posted on the CHIA website, www.chiaonline.org
IMPORTANT: The deadline for submissions is Monday Sept. 30, 2013.
A limited number of slots are available for presentations. We are seeking proposals that focus on:
- Methods of learning terminology and healthcare concepts
- Interpreting in specific medical specialties
- Language-specific content
- Healthcare interpreting for ASL interpreters
- Interpreting skills in consecutive, sight translation, and simultaneous modes
- Interpreting for refugees and/or in languages of lesser diffusion
- Healthcare reform and language access including new job opportunities for interpreters in care coordination
- Roles and work for contract interpreters, freelance, staff interpreters, translators and bilingual employees
- Applications of technology that improve access to care, interpreter training and on-the-job tools for working interpreters
Proposals and questions should be submitted to Conference Chair José García, email@example.com.
The deadline to submit proposals has been extended to Friday, October 4, 2013. Proposals and questions should be submitted to Conference Chair José García, firstname.lastname@example.org.